- Use a person's name when you respond to his or her postings.
- Compliment your peers when they post strong response or contribute original ideas.
- Ask questions if anything is unclear or you want further information.
- Be considerate, keep your language direct and respectful.
- Avoid slang and jargon.
- No sarcasm. Sarcasm is negative and can lead to tensions and hurt feelings.
- Reread your message before sending them to ensure that your ideas are clearly communicated and supported.
- Make connections: text to text, text to self, text to the world. Back up your ideas with information (details, evidence, and examples) to strengthen your statements.
- Do not use all caps when writing; it is interpreted as yelling.
- Avoid emotional punctuation, like exclamation points, unless you are complimenting an idea shared.
Below you will find a list of student communication guidelines.
12/9/2014 03:06:43 am
12/9/2014 03:12:57 am
For the best of the government, it should be a federalist economy. For example, We believe that the Elite should rule. The reason why we believe this is because the common people cannot work and handle things as well as the elite. Second of all, they believe that we should not have a National Bank, but it indeed is necessary and proper according to the constitution. Our government should not be strict, our government should be loose and free. In addition, we should support England during the French Revolution. They are our trading partner and we accept their goods so it should be right to help them during their need. Just because we are allies with the French does not mean we have to stick with them. So in conclusion, the Elite should rule, and the Federalist party should be what the government is made up by.
11/20/2015 08:37:16 am
I have to agree with the Democratic Republicans because they favored a limited national government than a strong national government. I agree with Jefferson because I feel that the government shouldn't have all the power.
11/20/2015 09:31:36 am
My political party I choose is a Federalist. Federalist support merchant manufacture and lawyers.Federalist called for war with France Adam hoped talks would restore calm.It is a strong state government They favored a national bank. They have a fear of mob rules. They also supported the British. Economy based on manufactoring and shipping.They loose construction of the constitution.Federalist clamped down on freedom of speech and the press.
11/30/2015 10:15:57 pm
My main position is Democratic-Republican because they a favored the constitution and wanted a limited government. To begin with is that the Democratic- Republican wanted a limited government because The American political party in the 1790s of Thomas Jefferson formed the Democratic- Republican party.
12/1/2015 08:09:33 am
Maria, you have some key characteristics of the Democratic Republican party but why do you agree with these points? For example why would you want to keep the interpretation of the Constitution strict?
Leave a Reply.
The purpose of a Discussion Blog is to allow students to express their point of view and allow others to respond in a respectful manner.